Tuesday, December 13, 2011

As American as apple pie!

Today was just your average Tuesday.  I finished work at 4:30pm, got on the train to go tutor the girls in Arroyomolinos, and when I got to their house, Isa told me, "You know the woman who I told you works for us? She delivers our molds and prosthetic teeth to the dentist offices? Well she made you an apple pie."  At first, I thought something got lost in translation....but no, sure enough, a woman who has never even met me, had made me an apple pie.  She even wrote my name on it with pie dough.  My first reaction was, "Oh how nice!" My second reaction was, "What's inside? She's trying to kill me."

I'm still in shock over it.  I don't even know what this woman looks like or what her name is, and yet she made me a pie and spelled my name right!!! (My grandma can't even spell my name right!) Isa said that since she talks so much about me, this woman feels like she knows me already.  I must be making a good name for myself around these parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment