Saturday, June 30, 2012

"Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.”

On June 12th, the most amazing girl in the world came to visit me for 11 days.  Lynn is one of my four best friends.  I met her last year in Madrid when she was doing the BEDA program and I was doing the Ministerio program.  I met her at my 22nd birthday party last December, and the rest is history!!!  Freakishly enough, she has the same exact birthday as one of my other best friends.  I'm starting to think all people born in October are just awesome. 

I finished work on June 15, and the two of us set off for El Arenal, Mallorca for the weekend.  It's a German beach destination and most people there thought we were Dutch.  (It was a little hard to handle the tidal wave of German culture during the first few hours, but then we came to love it.  The German vacationers are so much easier to handle than the British vacationers we were with in Fuengirola last year).  We made some amazing friends at the hostel, got Lynn's nose pierced, ate a lot of food, and roasted under the sun.  After Mallorca, we headed to Granada, saw La Alhambra, and wandered around without a map for two days....most of the time winding up in sketchy barrios.

Being with Lynn was such a relief.  After 6 months of waiting for her to come,  I finally had a genuine friend to hang out with in Madrid.  It was such a relief...I may have gone a little crazy / stupid while she was here, as showcased in this horrible video. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment